We will meet in the Founder's Hall downstairs instead of our regular room, so make sure to take note.
*Bring a snack/sack lunch or something to share, and we'll break from about 12-1 for announcements, show and tell, and eating!
The workshop will teach you a reverse applique technique combined with a fun use of strings (those skinny scraps you never know what to do with!). You can make your choice of a mini quilt or pillow with the large design choices, or a mug rug or set of coasters with the smaller design choices. Supplies list is below!
If you are a current member please RSVP HERE if you plan on attending so we can make sure we have enough places for everyone set up!
- Sewing machine and extension cord
- Iron (try to coordinate and share with a few friends, as too many irons will blow the fuses in the room!)
- Background fabric, two pieces at least 18” square – this should be either a light solid or near-solid
- Batting, at least 20” square
- Neutral thread to match your background fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Ruler – something approximately 12” x 4” should suffice
- Freezer paper, at least 18” square
- Glue stick
- Spray starch
- An extra sewing machine needle or two, as we will be sewing on both paper and fabric
- Walking foot or free motion foot for quilting your piece
We hope to see you there!