The February HMQG meeting is this upcoming Saturday (February 20) at our new location - Trini Mendenhall Community Center. Check signs when you arrive for the exact room number.
NEW LOCATION NEW LOCATION NEW LOCATION
NEW TIME NEW TIME NEW TIME (10 AM)
- 2016 Membership Dues: REMEMBER to renew your HMQG membershipo for 2016!
- Easiest way: fill out your membership form online and pay via PayPal
- If not using Paypal, print out the confirmation email after submitting yourmembership form online and bring $60 cash or a check made out to "Houston Modern Quilt Guild"
- Money (Cash or Check, please!) for Pam's pop-up shop (including the new Into the Deep fabric line)
- Check for Spring Retreat reservation
- Solid FQs for swap (quilt shop quality, preferably labeled with manufacturer and color)
- Your calendar
- Sew 'n Tell:
- Meadow Quilt completed from the Lizzy House workshop (quilted and bound) and receive a $5 gift certificate to The Intrepid Thread!
- Mystery Quilt completed from the October workshop (quilted and bound) and receive a handmade gift from Saly!
- HMQG Medallion quilt center (12.5" unfinished square)
- Paper Piecing Tutorial (supply list): Following Saturday's meeting, Amy will be leading a paper piecing tutorial. You'll be making a darling envelope (pattern provided). We forgot to include the supply list:
- Three fat quarters - a background, a print or solid for the envelope, and a print or solid for the inside of the envelope
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
- Spring Retreat (more details): Remember to bring your full payment for the retreat if you would like to be in the running for a spot for our Spring Retreat.
- Retreat is May 6-8th, 2016 at Deep Woods Retreat, Smithville, TX
- Cost: cash or check discount - $170, Regular price - $175
- Bring your check in an envelope (or your name in an envelope if you intend to pay with Paypal) and we will be drawing the first 24 payments out of a bag on Saturday. If there are more than 24 submissions, we will continue to draw to put a waiting list in order. If you are chosen to go, your payment will be made right away. If you are on the waiting list, your check will be returned to you at the Feb meeting (or no credit payment will be taken at this time)
- Remember our sew-in after the meeting. Stay for the paper piecing tutorial, stay for some sewcializing!